Galway

October 10th 
Today, I had three classes and another field lab. This time we went out to the same field site, but this time we had a different task. With a new group, we were to use a 50 m measuring tape and one by one quadrant to observe the vegetation layers every 5 m. We were to record the richness and percent coverage of each layer in the area. These field assignments are different from anything I've done before, but they are very interesting. After class, I went to mass and headed home for dinner. 

 October 11th 
When we first came to Ireland, it seemed like our friends' mid-October visit was so far away, but in the blink of an eye they were here. During my class break, I met Carly, Chris, and Brianna in Eyre Square for lunch. It was absolutely amazing to see them. While I went to the rest of my classes, they went to check in to their hotel and get settle in. That evening, Bridget and I made our way to their hotel where we hung out and spent the night. 

October 12th 
After my class, I met up with my friends in the city center. We walked around the streets and gave them a tour of our campus. We showed them the Galway Cathedral, different shops, and where our classes took place. It was so nice to be all back together. It felt like we were just home walking around. It is also funny to see how Bridget and I travel around Galway now like I've been here forever. 


October 13th 
The weather wasn't the best, so we slept in and went to the gym at the hotel. We then walked into town so they could do some of their shopping. Galway is definitely a great place for shopping. We all had dinner together. 

October 14th 
Today, we walked into town and it was very lively. They got to experience true Galway city with the streets filled with people, culture, and live music. We walked through the Galway market and then made our way to Salthill. Our friends loved Salthill just as much as we do. It truly is beautiful. 


 October 15th 
Bridget, Brianna, Chris, Carly, and I joined our ISA group on a trip to the Cliffs of Moher. I was very excited for this trip because I have never visited the Cliffs before. Along the way, we stopped at Poulnambrone Dolmen, Doolin and
the Baby Cliffs. The Cliffs were just as amazing I had imagined. It was definitely scary but beautiful. When we got back to Galway, we stocked up on essentials for the hurricane. 

October 16th
We were here to experience the first hurricane in Ireland since 1961. NUIG was closed for the day. Luckily, we weren't really effected by Hurricane Ophelia. Many throughout the country are without power and have seen some destruction. We stayed in the hotel today and relaxed and caught up on homework. 


Sent from my iPhone

Comments

  1. Another exciting week. :) :) We are so happy the hurricane was not as terrible as the news reports were predicting. Keep the blogs and photos coming.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment