Galway

October 26th
Little did I know when writing my last blog that I'd be seeing my family again that night. My mom called me after I finished class to let me know that their flight was canceled until tomorrow and they would be staying the night. I of course jumped on the next train to Dublin to spend the night with them. We were able to have one last dinner and snuggle that night. It was hard to see them again this morning, but I'll see them in no time. While waiting for the shuttle to my bus, I started to talk to the man also waiting. He was from the states and was traveling around Ireland and England with the band's Train and Celtic Women as their merchandise manager. He was also Gavin DeGraw's first assistant. He sent a selfie of the two of us to Gavin DeGraw. He is known as Merchdude and is very well known. It was pretty awesome! When I got back to Galway, I was finally able to get myself together after being all over the place the past couple of weeks. That night I went to Mass to thank God for the amazing time I was having. 

October 27th 
Today, we headed for County Kerry to spend the weekend with Bridget's family in Portmagee. We walked around town in the morning to pick up a few things and it was a beautiful day. Then, we took the bus to Limerick and then another to Killarney. The journey took a little longer than expected from the holiday weekend traffic. We arrived in Killarney that evening and walked around. It was a very cute town with a lot of charm. From there, Bridget and I met her cousin and traveled to Portmagee where we would be staying. I constantly hear about Portmagee and Bridget's family, so I was very excited to go. We arrived and got settled in, meeting her, and having some dinner.


October 28th 
Bridget's cousins took us around today. It turns out that her cousin's husband was from County Leitrim and we knew many of the same people. It really is a small world. Together, we went to the Skellig Chocolate Factory. The factory was pretty cool and the chocolate was tasty. I picked up some treats for my family, especially my Grandpa. We then went into Cahersiveen. That night we went to dinner with Bridget's family and went around town. It was a great day! 

October 29th 
This morning we grabbed some breakfast with Bridget's cousins and headed back toward Galway. We had really enjoyed our time in Kerry this weekend. Portmagee and Bridget's cousins were just as amazing as she explained. That night we watched the Halloween Parade in Galway City. It was interesting to say the least. 
 

October 30th
Today is a bank holiday in Ireland. This is just a day off from schools and work. Bridget and I attended the Student Galway Races. I constantly heard about the Races and saw pictures on Facebook, so I was excited to get dressed up and go. We went with our housemates. It was nice to see everyone dressed to the finest. I ran into friends I knew from playing football and from home. It was a great day out! 

October 31st 
It's Halloween! It is not as big of a deal in Ireland as it is in America. I find this interesting since it began in Ireland. Walking around today, you wouldn't really know it was Halloween. I'm used to seeing kids treat or treating, everyone dressing up, and all things Halloween. I do wish I was spending Connor's first Halloween with him, but it will make next year's that much better. Bridget and I plan on watching some of our favorite Halloween movies and have some treats. 

Comments

  1. We love your photos and commentary. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pics! Enjoy your adventure (and the chocolate!) :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment