Mabuhay! - Traveling Tisay (De La Salle University - Manila, Philippines)

https://youtu.be/_ACyBvtnWUQ

Mabuhay! ("welcome"/"hello"/"to life"/"live great")



Hi there fellow Jasper! Kumusta ka na? (How are you?) I am Leony Anne, or simply Leanne and today we are traveling to...*drum roll please* the Philippines! Welcome! And please, make yourself at home. We are going to be here for quite a while so you might as well get comfy. Is this your first time here? This is actually my 4th time in the Philippines and after being here for over a month I can tell you it only. gets. better.  #itsmorefuninthephilippines


So while you unpack let me get you up to speed....
  • I am a Filipina-American born and raised in good ol' New York. 
  • I have been a Jasper practically since birth (true story... my dad was supposed to start working at Manhattan College on Feb. 2nd 1997, also known as the day I was born... Oops!). 
  • I am major in Psychology (B.S.)
  • LaSallian values have great meaning to me so I am proud to say that not only am I spending the Spring 2018 semester in the country half of my family has grown up in BUT I am studying in the Philippines' very own De La Salle University. 
"BEAT ATENEO! ANIMO LA SALLE!".... (I have nothing against Ateneo University.... at least not yet haha. Let's see how they treat our women's volleyball team this trimester. ;) #UAAP80WomensVolleyball#dlsuladyspikers #DLSUWVT) Ateneo is to La Salle as Iona or Fordham is to Manhattan.



Classes started on January 10th for me and ever since then I have been stuck in school mode, but I want to share some stuff with youuuu. 

Let's see, I spent Christmas and New Year's in the house my mom grew up in which is also where I spent my first Christmas 20 years ago! That was really enjoyable especially since no one in my family expected to spend Christmas in Pampanga (the province my mom is from) this year.... Where were you 20 years ago?!



Oh! I also visited Baguio City (pictured above), which is another one of the destinations we went to back in '97. We had the same driver show us around and everything! How crazy?!

----------------------------

I have loads of stories to tell you after only being here for one month.  I am really happy to be here for an extended period of time because I originally did not plan on studying abroad AND I had convinced myself that I would only be able to visit the Philippines after graduating from Manhattan with an undergrad degree. 


 Oh wait! I forgot to mention this before but yes I am the only Jasper here at DLSU and I am pretty sure the first Jasper to ever spend a term in the Philippines. I must say this makes me feel a teensy bit special haha. I LOVE representing the Filipino-American community and the Jasper community here at DLSU.  



Alright, looks like you are all unpacked! Are you starting to settle in? Please let me know if you have any other questions and hey, if you know another Jasper who might be interested in joining the DLSU fam for a short amount of time in the future do not hesitate to contact me for advice or any additional tips about studying in Manila, Philippines. 


Until my next post on the Jaspers Study Abroad Blog, you can follow my journey on my website, www.travelingtisay.com


You can also find me on YouTube!............


Just search "Traveling Tisay" ........


Look for my channel and more specifically this thumbnail (pictured below) to hear about how my first week went at #DLSU.



Ingat ka, ha? (Take care, okay?) #travelingtisay


- Traveling Tisay





Comments