Lisbon, Portugal: More adventures

The day has come! Sintra! All trip we have been waiting for this day trip! We woke up a little down because we did not have the greatest weather, it was cold, foggy even a little rainy..but we were not going to let that ruin what we have been waiting for! We got on a train over to Sintra and when we got there
we took a bus closer to the top (walking was not our specialty). From there we went to the Castelo dos Mouros and what a breath taking view that was! (I do not advise a trip there if you are afraid of height). I am afraid of heights, however I made it as far as I could before I got to nervous and the view was so worth the anxiety! We got to see the most colorful of houses, the greenest of hills and the castle itself was just amazing. Walking through it gave me the chills (not because of the rain) because we walked through a castle that has been standing for so many years.
From there we walked up a BIG hill to reach the Palace of Pena. Let me tell you, that was straight out of a story book! I actually felt like I was living in a fairytale! The colors, the castle doors, the room an d the views! Absolutely amazing, there was nothing like it.
As the days went on we saw more museums, more churches ate more lovely food and experienced the amazing city of Lisboa! We then traveled to Fatima, the holiest place in Portugal. We excited for each day and each site we got to visit.
Fatima gave you a different feeling than any other place we visited. I felt the presence of God more than I had and I felt a little more sentimental there; seeing the graves of the three children and lighting candles for my intentions. It made me look at things differently which was a whole different experience in itself.
We were coming to the end of our trip and there was nothing exciting about that....

Comments