Rome: Eve of Departure


On the morning before I leave for Rome I find myself with much to do. There is luggage to finish packing, goodbyes to be said and some American dollars that need converting into Euros. In the midst of it all, however, it is only right to take a moment, on the eve of my departure, to reflect on the upcoming experience. Furthermore, I think it is important to consider the road I have traversed thus far to make what once was a dream of mine, into a reality.

The process was neither simple, nor at times, straight forward. A multitude of paperwork, meetings with academic advisers and much planning went into solidifying my trip abroad. While strenuous, I found myself determined through it all, intent on prevailing. The opportunity to live and study in Rome was perhaps the greatest single thing I had ever been offered. It would give me the chance to experience life from an entirely different perspective. I knew, just like any other Jasper abroad, I would be doing myself an incredible service, be it in the workforce or in my personal life, to travel and study abroad.

I could not, however, have made such a dream possible without the help of some very dedicated people, to whom I am grateful. Mr. and Mrs. John Mark, for believing in my potential, Professor Dello Buono, Brother Robert Berger and Amy Surak for assisting me and helping me pursue my interests abroad, Professors Luisanna Sardu, Nonie Wanger and Paul Droubie for their help on my behalf, and Kevin Gschwend for coordinating it all. Thank you.

I now return to packing my suitcase, excited, yet attempting to remain unstressed for this evenings departure. The eternal city awaits.


Comments

  1. Hi Anatonio,
    It was great to read your "eve of departure" blog. We hope you have now unpacked your suitcase and are settling-in to your new adventure. Have a great time during this wonderful experience. We are eagerly looking forward to learning of your Adventure with Service as it unfolds and wish you all the best.
    Angela & John

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment