Galway: Final Exam Frustrations and other Fidgety Feelings

Hello! I am writing in a decidedly cheerier note than last time, this is because... well... 't'is the season! Fa-la-la-la Finals are here! I have a long weekend of studying and preparing ahead! Next week is the last of the regular semester, it is week 12 of 12! I can't hardly believe it! But while all the happiness and enthusiasm of no more classes and the end of school is here, so is the frustration, stress, fear and fretting of final exams! Oh no!



My first final exam is on Monday, the day after tomorrow (cue foreboding music and fog). I must prepare a single sided, printed page of notes for an in-class essay for my Service Learning class. I have an hour and a half in which to write the paper, and I can use my notes from the page as an outline and a storehouse for quotes. It shouldn't be too horrible.

My second final exam is on Wednesday for Ocean and Marine Politics! That will be an hour long MCQ (multiple choice question) exam with a short essay response to a newspaper article relevant to our course material. The MCQs will cover every topic we have studied in the last 11 weeks! There will be two questions per topic, and the only way to study is to re-read all the articles we were assigned throughout the semester. Yikes! On top of that, my second and last essay is due the same day! Double yikes!



My third final exam is simply to turn in my one essay assignment for my Environmentalism class. I have to slip the essay under the professor's door before 2 in the afternoon. Then my professor is taking the whole class out to a pub to celebrate the end of the semester... I guess he really liked us. That is Thursday, also known as Thanksgiving Day to all y'all!

My last final exam, for Change and Development, takes place during the official exam period, which is from Dec. 8-18th. My exam, fourth and final, is on Monday December 14th at 9:30 am! It ends at 11, and after that I will be on a bus to the airport! But wait, you may be wondering, what about the whole week in between the beginning of the final exam period and the end of classes?!?!? Well....



We have a whole entire WEEK, 7 days and two weekends, so a total of 11 days of study time. During the Study Week, a friend and I are getting away on a not-so-relaxing trip to the UK, but more on that later!

So yeah, my time here in Europe is really winding down. Three weeks left. It's finals, I'm freaking out and yet, it's pretty still and serene.... the wind has finally stopped gusting and blowing, the rain and hail aren't pelting. And now, I must get back to my studies!


Comments