Paris

Hello people!!!

I know what you are thinking, "Did she misspell Madrid in the title?" No, I did not. I actually went to Paris for three amazing days. I think it is the only trip I will be doing during my stay here in Spain, and I am so grateful to everyone that made this experience possible for me. 

Me and some friends went to Paris for the weekend. Since our flight was early in the morning, we had to stay in the airport overnight. It was kind of fun because we got to bond with each other and know each other much better. Our flight was delayed because of something with the plane's computer. But anyways, we got to Paris at 11:30am and took a train to the center of the city. Once we were settle at the hotel at 2pm, we started our journey through the city. First stop: the Eiffel Tower.
I hate selfies, but I took WAY too many in this trip. This is just one of them.








After the Eiffel Tower, we went to the Louvre Pyramid and took some pictures of it along with other landmarks of the city that were near there.
This is the entrance to Paris if one travels through car.

The Sienna River. Since I'm obsessed with water, I took tons of pictures like this one.

This guy looks like an unicorn from the distance.

"The Giant Ferris Wheel", like my friend Teodora calls it, on the left. In the center is the Obélisque de Louxor, that looks like Washington monument. And I have no idea what's that on the right; forgot to ask.

This, along with the Eiffel Tower, was one of the things that made me want to go to Paris. It is amazing that I was able to see it. 
The next day we started big: Notre Dame. Both the outside and the inside were amazing. The art is beyond my abilities to describe and I honestly think pictures do not make justice to the cathedral. 



I took these from the top of Notre Dame. The best part of it was the it was free for students to go up.

I would love to be able to ring this bell, it was amazing to see it first hand.

This is one of the views of Paris from the top of the cathedral. 

That's me! On the back of the picture you can see the Eiffel Tower.

This is one of the doors to go inside the actual church. Look at the details!






All of the above were taken inside of Notre Dame.

That's me again but this time outside the cathedral.

That's a statue of Charlemange just outside of Notre Dame.
After Notre Dame, we went to the Pantheon. In this burial place, there are many important French people buried there. 





All of this is in the first floor, and they depict the history of France throughout the centuries.

This is Voltaire burial place, in the basement of the Pantheon.

Rousseau's burial place also in the basement.

Marie Curie and Pierre Curie in the Pantheon.




Victor Hugo in the Pantheon.


This is what scientists used to proved that earth was round and how it worked.

It was time for lunch, so we headed to the Luxembourg Gardens to have something to eat, and also because they are beautiful.


Beautiful fountains! I loved them.

This is the palace, but we did not go in.



Some statues around the garden. I did not take picture of all of them because they were too many!

This fountain was not on, so that was sad for me.

But I still took a picture with it to give it light!

I want to go back!
It was getting late, so we decided to head to our last stop of the day: Arc de Triomphe.
One of my favorite pictures of the entire trip.






The Eiffel Tower from the top of the Arc. It was also free to go up!
And the best for last: The Palace of Versailles. We were not planning on going at all, but when we found out that it was free for students, we could not pass up the opportunity. My favorite part of the palace were the fountains, of course. 
Louis XIV


The entrance to the Palace.



Every single inch of the palace is filled with art. It is truly amazing to see.




Hercules Room.



The King's Room.





The Hall of Mirrors.

The outside of the Palace.
That looks so out of place because it looks so modern compared to the other decorations.

Reading room.




I look so sad in that picture! I swear I was happy!




We had to go all the way down this hill to get the perfect view of the fountains.





This swan loos so mad at me.



The last three pictures of the entire trip.

That's it. I hope the post does not look endless because of all the pictures, but I wanted you to feel as I felt when I was in Paris: amazed and flabbergasted with the amount of art and history that Paris has to offer. 

-Paulina Ochoa - F.

Comments

  1. It seems that Paris was wonderful. Too bad it will be the only out of country trip. We can't wait to hear about Caritas Madrid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! I know, I'm looking to see if there's somewhere else I can go with my tight budget, but we'll see. The Caritas post is coming soon!

      Delete
  2. Great pictures and tour of so many major sights in Paris. It was a great opportunity to visit Versailles while you were so nearby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I specially loved the gardens, but that's just because they had fountains around them. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment