Craftsmanship of the Presidential Palace

On our last day of sightseeing; our group went to visit the Presidential Palace. The Presidential Palace is located next to the Emirates Palace on the island of Abu Dhabi. Even though is it called a "Palace" no actual person lives on the property. The property is used to host important government meetings and to house government offices.


Ever since I have been in the UAE, I've noticed that the country is known for its architecture. No matter which part of the city you may be, there will always be some beautiful architecture to look at. The Presidential Palace is no exception.For me, the design of the palace shared some similarities with the Sheikh Zayed Mosque. With both having semicircles on top of certain sections of the building and also sharing the white and gold exterior look. One of the reasons why white is chosen as its exterior is because the color white sybolizes "purity and peace".





After a short bus ride to the Palace and a mini stop at the main courtyard. We entered inside to the most beautiful interior that I have ever seen in a building. From the moment that I stepped through the black and gold doors, I knew that this building was something special. The seven year long project to build this palace did not cut any corners when designing the interior. Every hall way and room were beautifully designed. Chandeliers hanging is almost in every room of the palace and in the conference room hangs a 20 ton chandelier in the middle of the room. I kept telling myself that if I were a government official, I would have a hard time refusing to any proposals in this palace. I have never visited a palace before visiting this one but this Presidential palace has set the bar high on my list. I would come back to this palace just to marvel at the interior of the palace.

Comments

  1. The Qasr Al Watan Presidential Palace was one of my absolute favorite site visits. I can imagine how honored one would feel walking into a conference within the marble and gold walls. The few hours that were allotted to tour this spectacular location wasn't enough. I, too, noticed many similarities to the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, which caused me to wonder if the mosque inspired the architects who worked on the palace. I would love to return, as I know there is so much more to see and enjoy. This trip has been one of a kind, and this day was the icing and cherry on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The architecture in Dubai and Abu Dhabi is one of a kind. Every building is different from the previous one, with amazing one of a kind designs inside and out. After visiting the palace, it is amazing to think about the thought and planning phase of designing the palace. i also noticed similarities to the mosque, with a very open design, and similar color schemes as well. Dubai is known for doing stuff bigger and better than the rest, just about every building in the city goes along with this saying. Every day on the bus, I would find myself turning my head looking out the windows at all the buildings, it was truly a sight i will not forget.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment