Dubai Safari Excursion


السلام عليكم! (peace be upon you – greetings in Arabic)

I am super excited to be sitting down and writing my first blog post about our time in Dubai.

To kick off our first day in Dubai, we boarded a 4x4 land cruiser and begin our desert safari. The first activity on the desert safari itinerary was Dune Bashing, where the vehicle moves at crazy speeds while going up and down against the sand-dunes. Dune Bashing in Dubai had been on my bucket list for so long and I was so excited that I am finally able to check that off my list. It is an adrenaline pumping and extremely thrilling activity.


After the adrenaline high of dune bashing, we stopped at the middle of the desert to take Instagram worthy pictures.


How can we not ride a camel in the desert! Moving from the land cruiser, we switched to a calmly swaying camel and got a feel of the magical Arabian desert life.




Our destination was the Bedouin Camp where we enjoyed the delicious Arabian cuisine with a variety of barbeques while watching the Tanura dance and Belly Dance. The Tanura dancer wears a heavy multicolored skirt and spins with the beats of the song played. It was super interesting to watch!





I’m looking forward to Day 2 of our Dubai/Abu Dhabi Trip!

Comments

  1. I loved the Dune Bashing & Camel Riding in the desert! The view from the desert was very beautiful as well. Oh, I really wanna go back to the first day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such an amazing day! I loved the desert experience in the cruiser, it was so much fun. And we were so lucky to get great sunny weather. The belly dancing and the henna experience was such a good time. It was a great first day to be exposed to the culture, through the food, camel ride, clothing and people. The camel was calm but not quiet, I was a little scared of getting on the camel but it's an experience I will never forget. Later on in the night, I held a falcon two times and I was able to pet the bird. What made this day overall unique for me was that I'm not an outdoor kind of person, but there was never a dull moment in the safari!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment