A New Start In Barcelona

Studying abroad is a time of a new chapter in my life. I traveled alone for the first time. I am living away from my family for the first time. These few days and the weeks to come will consist of a lot of firsts and new beginnings. Whether it is trying new Spanish dishes, exploring alone, or meeting people from different continents and countries. It fills me with wonder of what is yet to come, but I am beyond excited to enter into this new era of my life. Being greeted by palm trees and the bright sunlight warms my heart every day.

Thus far, I have been adjusting to my surroundings and have been wandering around my neighborhood in Sant Gervasi. I have already seen such beauty and felt such peace in my new city. I am admiring the different sounds of birds and the views of magnificent trees, especially in the parks near me. I can see the beautiful mountains from my terrace and the Temple of the Sacred Heart of Jesus on Mt. Tibidabo.



I recently saw the famous Sagrada Familia at night and was astounded by seeing such beautiful architecture. It's one thing to see it in pictures, but I am forever lucky enough to have embraced its beauty in person. 

I can't wait to see what Barcelona has in store for me.

Love,

Kristina


Comments

Post a Comment