A month of exploring

I've been trying to explore the beautiful Catalunya on my free time and what Europe has to offer this past February. I will forever be grateful for John H.Mark's family in helping make my amazing time here possible. 

One of my first weekend trips took place in Tarragona, Spain. I took the train here and ended up booking an airbnb in La Pienda, which is right next to the port of Tarragona. I got to explore a small beach town during off-season and taste delicious croquettes by the sea. I took the bus to Tarragona's main town and felt a piece of Rome, since the city is surrounded by Roman ruins. I saw the famous Amphitheater overlooking the water. However, my favorite part of this trip was visiting the famous Roman Wall of Tarragona. This park was filled with so much beauty and history. It felt as though I was walking through a different era. 





I took my next trip during Valentine's Day weekend with my boyfriend in Paris, France. I have never been to Paris and it was a dream of mine to visit the city of love during this time. Our trip fell down a rocky path at first because I left my phone in the taxi and had no way of contacting the driver. We kept calling my phone until the driver answered and was kind enough to give me back my phone three hours later. We spent the rest of the day celebrating by visiting the Arc de Triomf and shopping along the Champs. We ended the night eating delicious cuisine and trying French wine. The creme brulee was truly to die for and I would go back to Paris right now to devour some more. On Saturday, I finally got to see the Eiffel Tower and eat crepes and churros by it. I also saw the famous Louvre museum and beautiful Notre Damn. We enjoyed our time walking along the river and admiring the street art. We ended the night seeing the sunset at Sacre-Coever Basilica. It was flooded with people, but we got to experience a gorgeous pink sunset overlooking the city. On Sunday, I finally got to try a croissant and a chocolate macaroon. Overall, France was filled with great food and the unexpected. 





My next trip was a day trip in Tossa de Mar. This is located in the province of Girona, Spain and is also on the beaches along Costa Brava. This destination is a big summer spot in Spain and I could completely see why. The water is crystal clear and shinning blue with the views of the mountain and a historic old town. I put my toes in the water and had a strong desire to plunge myself in the freezing water. The strong winds made it difficult to reach the top of the castle, but the views of the ocean and the town made it truly worth it. I even encountered a private rocky beach that had a huge heart made in the sand. Once, I made it to the top I enjoyed a cappuccino and brownie with an amazing view of the open ocean. I am looking forward to visiting again and swimming in this beautiful water. 




I am super excited for what March has in store for me. 
until my next adventures
xoxo
Kristina

















Comments

  1. You are most welcome, Kristina. Our son loved to travel and experience new adventures; as you do. Please look at and join the John H Mark Jr Fan Club on Facebook. Looking forward to reading more about your experience. Keep the phone safe. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just joined the Facebook group and am honored to be a member of his fan club.Thank you for this amazing experience. Traveling will always be a great love of mine.

      Delete

Post a Comment