Last Weeks in Barcelona

My Last Weeks in Barcelona

     I am sad to see my time abroad come to an end. I am forever grateful for all the amazing adventures and people I have met along the way. Moving away from home for five months was a huge adjustment and made me appreciate my experiences back home in New York even more. I will miss Barcelona dearly and happy enough to say it feels like my now second home. For the next couple of weeks, I will be studying for my finals while making time to enjoy my last few days with the friends I met here. I have been soaking up the Barcelona sun by the blue Mediterranean Sea. I hope to come back home filled with even more knowledge than I came, whether it be about food, relationships, or culture. 

      From the last time we spoke, I finally visited Mount Tibadabo that I can see from my terrace and went up to the mountains of Catalunya to visit the Black Madonna in Montserrat. The views from these mountains are stunning and are truly a must see when visiting Catalunya. I also got to scope around the Picasso museum and see his lovely work in Barcelona and ended the night enjoying a futbol game at Camp Nou and FC Barca won!





    I spent the last weekends visiting the south of France, Italy, and Tenerife. Nice, France blew me away with its aroma of seafood and clear water to swim in. The colorful apartments reminded me of the colorful houses in Cinque Terre, Italy. I got to be the real life Luca from the Disney movie. In Italy, I also got to see Bologna and visited my friend in Florence. I learned how to make gelato and pizza in the beautiful Tuscan countryside. This weekend, I got to go whale watching in one of the canary islands, Tenerife, which is something I always wanted to do. The north of the island was filled with lush and the color green. These places were truly breaktaking to see and I am forever grateful I had the opportunity to do so. 






    I am sad I am leaving, but I am even more grateful for the home I created here. I am thankful for all the beautiful places I had the opportunity of seeing and all the beautiful people I had the opportunity of meeting. Studying abroad made me love traveling even more and I can't wait to look back at these pictures when I am older to reminisce. Thank you for reading!

Yours truly,
Kristina Zagreda 













Comments