Hitting the Ground Running in Rome

  After a long seven hour flight, I finally arrived in Rome on the 28th of December. While my body was tired from the six hour time jump, there was no time to wait exploring Rome. Immediately the class took off heading to the center of the city where we explored the Spanish Steps.



   











It wasn’t until I arrived at the steps that I truly hit my that I was in Rome. After several months of anxiously waiting, we had made it. After some short exploration around the Steps we made our way to a fantastic Italian dinner. The combination of wine, margarita pizza, and calzone gave my stomach the first taste of the fantastic food I will be devouring over the next two weeks. 

To end the night, the class headed down to the Trevi Fountain. The Trevi Fountain was more than I could of ever imagined. Not only was the fountain a monstrous in height standing at over five stories tall, it also had serval large, detailed sculptures. It marveled it size compared to any fountain I’ve seen in my life. To top off my day and trip to the fountain I ended it by throwing three coins into the fountain. I didn’t just toss these coins in, I did it by holding the coins in my right hand, and throwing them over my left shoulder. the reason for the specific method was in hope of bring some good luck to me on this trip. According the Father Tom, if you throw one coin using this method it will allow you to visit Rome again, if two coins are thrown you will meet a girl in Italy, and if three are thrown, you’ll meet your wife. I figured while I’m on this trip I can kill two birds with one stone. I can have a fantastic learning about Catholicism with my friends and also find my future wife in the process.




Comments