Paris: Mount Saint Genevieve

Today marks the 5th day of being in Paris and I still cannot believe that I am here! Paris is absolutely beautiful and the most romantic city in the world. I was lucky enough to spend New Year’s Eve at the Eiffel Tower with my classmates who are now my new friends. The majority of my classmates are engineering students who I’ve never seen before because I am a business student. It’s really nice that this trip has connected me to new people from different parts of Manhattan College! 

My favorite part of the trip so far was the second day where my class and I walked up Mount St. Genevieve to see the Pantheon, The Paris Law School, and the church built for Saint Genevieve. The University of Paris students once resided on the heights of St. Genevieve where they could hear the bells of Notre Dame that announced the re-assembling of classes. Inside the Pantheon I closely looked at artwork of the bishop of Paris being executed by the Romans, Saint Genevieve feeding the people of Paris, and Saint Genevieve on her death bed. The Pantheon was absolutely beautiful and I found everything inside so fascinating!

Winning the Kakos Scholarship was an honor and a blessing. Studying abroad has been a dream of mine, and, on top of that, I was able to ease the financial burden of my parents due to the fact that they are paying for two college tuitions. It is very rewarding that I was able to give my parents something in return; and the feeling of that makes it more gratifying in itself. I’m looking forward to spending 10 more days in Paris and making amazing memories!





Comments