Museum Tours Throughout Madrid

Wow..... we are basically halfway done with our time here in Madrid. It has been such an amazing experience so far even though I have been sick for the majority of my time here 😂. In the span of being here I have had a cold like every other week and have had 2 throat infections lol but we are getting through it!!

My classes here have been great and I enjoy all of my professors as they are the ones who make my classes interesting. One of the classes that I find the most interesting is my museology course. This course is essentially all about museums and art and because of that, we have a couple of classes where we actually go and visit different museums throughout Spain. So far our professor has taken us to the Prado and the Reina Sofia museum. Both of these trips have been very interesting. It's rare that classes are done outside the classroom and you can physically see or go to the places you're learning about.

The Prado museum was a fascinating place to go visit and the paintings there were absolutely exquisite. I'm a big fan of museums so it was fun getting to venture around and get to take in our surroundings and just have a day to appreciate famous works of art. It was also helpful to have our professor there because since he is very knowledgeable about museums we got to know the background and history of not only the museum itself but the paintings as well.

The next museum we visited was the Reina Sofia which focuses more on modern art. I haven't been to many modern art museums so I found it very cool to witness. Modern art has the ability to make you think further than just what your eyes are seeing, as it is very interpretive. Throughout both of these trips, we not only focused on the artwork but on the architecture and layout of the museums themselves. It gave all of us more insight into what it takes to actually create and/or run a museum and how much thought goes into it, whether that may be; the displays of artwork, the color of the walls, to even the flow of traffic and how you space out visitors. I guess I never put much thought behind it as I only ever had the thought process of the visitor and just on the "pretty art."

Not only were these trips fun but now I have much more knowledge of Spanish art and history as these museums have the ability to tell stories of Spain throughout its time. Unfortunately, no pictures are allowed within these museums so I don't have any pictures. but I promise you, these places are something no one should miss out on!




Comments