Exploring Italy: A trip to Cinque Terre

It is now around the halfway point of my study abroad trip in Italy. Since, this is a month long trip, I have been able to immerse myself into the Italian culture and see all that Florence and Italy has to offer. We have been on a couple trips and seen some amazing sights. Some of the trips we went on were to Pisa, Fiesole, and the Cinque Terre.
 
The other day we went to the Cinque Terre. Cinque Terre is comprised up of five towns: Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza, and Monterosso. We woke up very early to get on a bus and train that would take us to Manarola. Our class then had the option to take the train to the last town or do a hike through the other towns to the beach. I decided I would do the hike, and the view was well worth it. The trail in Manarola was closed off so we had to get back on the train and go to Vernazza to start the hike. However, before heading to Vernazza, we stopped and looked around. It was absolutely beautiful and a couple of the other students did a couple cliff dives into the water. I love how colorful the town was and all of the bright houses.

The hike was definitely hard but the views made it worth it. I can now say that I hiked up the mountains and cliffs in Italy. It was about an hour long hike from Vernazza to Monterosso. Once we finished the hike we joined the other students at the beach and swam in the ocean. The beach was full of people, but it felt amazing to be in the water after that workout. It was also hot outside so the water felt amazing. Overall, it was a very fun day and one of my favorite day trips we have taken so far. I can't wait to continue exploring Italy and see all the amazing sights! Ciao!

Comments