Adventures in Malaysia


For our second day in Malaysia, we went to our first business visit of the week, which was the Pewter Factory in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It was such an intriguing and interesting experience to walk through the creations that were handmade by the founder and the employees of the Pewter Factory. While touring the factory, we got to try the 100 plus beverage an isotonic, non-carbonated hydrating drink in one of their cups made for keeping your drinks cold. Which was honestly one of the most delicious and refreshing drinks I’ve had. After that we got to explore more of the factory and how the employees shape and design their Pewter products. It was exceptionally interesting watching how they hammer down the metal to make the designs on their products. Once the tour was over we got to experience making our own pewter bowls and naming it by shaping and naming a metal plate using a small wooden mallet.  We continued our day with going to the Petrona Twin Towers, it was such a cool experience as well, even though I was unable to look out through the window because of my vast fear of heights. After the Petrona Twin Towers experience, we had some time to explore the mall side, which I did and got to by myself a pair of gorgeous shoes that were incredibly comfy and cheap. Once we were done looking at the shops around the mall we went to the Petrosains Discovery Centre where we explored a lot of the interactive exhibits within the museum, which was overall an enjoyable and fun experience. Being that this was my first time in Malaysia and Singapore, I am incredibly honored and privileged to have received the Michael ‘58 and Aimee Kakos Scholarship which helped me significantly in being able to explore the beauty and wonders of Malaysia and Singapore and allowed me to find out that I honestly do love to travel and see other countries like Malaysia and Singapore. It was the most absolute best experience of my life. 
























Comments