48 Hours in Paris!

Never did I ever think I'd be able to just pack my bag and hop on a quick flight to France. But that's exactly what I did. With nothing but an overnight pack, I hopped on a flight with 3 of my close friends. Together we hit all the hotspots of Paris. From the food, the sights, and the atmosphere, I loved it all! We landed and immediately hit up a local cafe where I had some delicious pastries! We then walked around and saw the Louvre, Arc de Triomphe, and the Palace of Versailles. I had an amazing time and the weather was a nice 70ºF and sunny. In between our many photoshoots, we stopped for Amorino gelato - the best of the best. 

For dinner my first night, I tried escargot. Not having them the previous time I visited Paris was a big regret of mine, so I was determined to this trip. I had told my friends this was the one thing I needed to do and they were all disgusted until they were served in a delicious butter sauce. Everyone there ended up trying one and loved it! It was truly the highlight of the meal. After enjoying dinner we walked down to my favorite, the Eiffel Tower! Seeing the light show at night is magical.

The next morning started bright and early as we had a lot to cram in before our flight tonight. Of course we had to stop and visit our girl Miss Mona Lisa in the Louvre museum. We then cruised down the Seine River on a boat tour stopping at the Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower, and Musee d'Orsay. 

My final meal in France was at Bouillon Chartier, a restaurant recommend by my high school teacher and a new friend I met at University of New York in Prague. The vibe of the place was amazing and the food was excellent. Unfortunately here I parted ways with my friends since we were on different flights home, but I still had some time to kill. I wondered around and enjoyed macrons at one of my favorite places, Laduree. I was pretty proud of myself for being able to order in French as well as the servers not speaking English back to me the second I opened my mouth. Post snack time I hiked up to the top of the Arc de Triomphe where I got a beautiful view of the entire city. It was so peaceful to sit in the sun and enjoy the view. 

My trip concluded soon after as I headed to the airport for a short flight back to Prague. Paris was definitely the quickest, but one of my favorite trips I've been on so far!











Comments