Lots of Fun

This past month has been really wonderful. Three friends had birthdays this past month, and celebrating with them was so nice. I have continued exploring the city, sometimes just walking around and taking pictures. It is so crazy how fast time has gone by! This has been such a great experience, I almost don't want it to end! 

March 24-28th, A few friends and I went to Las Palmas, Gran Canaria for spring break. The weather was so nice! The beaches were beautiful, clear, blue water and the one closest to where we stayed even had dark sand. It was very relaxing and I had been missing the beach. The people we met were all so kind. 

School has been going well and it has been really interesting to learn more about Spain's history and culture. 

April 6th, I have been really loving the music artist Bad Gyal and was lucky enough to go to one of her concerts! I had been waiting for this concert and spent so much time trying to learn the setlist 😆. It was so fun and a lovely performance. I love her music even more now!

For Easter, I was able to catch the last Semana Santa processions and see the Tamborrada de Resurrección. It was really impressive to see so many people playing in sync, it seemed like no one made any mistakes. It was so loud too. I also got to try a popular Easter pastry, una torrija. Super delicious and is a kind of French toast with an egg filling, some even come with banana topping. 

I have been going to

 Malasaña

 Chueca




torrija

a few museums and exhibits, such as the Museo del Romanticismo, Espacio Cultural Serrería Belga, and Galería de la Colecciones Reales. 

I also have wanted to try more "famous" food spots, so I tried a popular sandwich chain, Divorare, which sells Italian sandwiches with things like fresh burrata. I got the Campagnola sandwich and it was really delicious. I also went to Harvy's Sweet Burger for a smash burger, really tasty. 

This Saturday, I ran into a fashion influencer on Tiktok that I had been following on social media for a while! It was so crazy! She looked just as stylish, if not more, in person. 

This weekend I am really excited because I am going to Lisbon, Portugal! 


Comments