End of Semester in Madrid 5/19

The last of my semester abroad I was able to enjoy traveling a bit more with the end of classes. At the end of April, I went to Lisbon, Portugal for a weekend and had a really lovely time walking around the old neighborhood called the Alfama, and going to the beach. 

Towards the beginning of May, I was fortunate enough to see my family in Málaga over the course of a few weeks. My time in Málaga was extremely relaxing and I had a lot of fun exploring the south of Spain with my family. We visited Seville, Ronda (a mountaintop city), and Rincón de la Victoria, which has a set of caves called the Cuevas del Tesoro. 

With my last two weeks in Spain, I finally was able to visit Barcelona for a few days. I walked around the outside of Basílica de La Sagrada Familia, and even went to Costa Brava to go snorkeling and kayaking. The last day in Barcelona, I was able to go inside of Gaudi's first and last houses, Casa Vicens and Casa Míla. Both houses were really beautiful, Casa Vicens was very colorful, with a lot of interior decorating, and Casa Míla with its surrealist, otherworldly, and abstract architecture. I really enjoyed the colorful main floor, the captivating wooden top floor and the ornamental roof. 

I am so happy for what this trip has brought me. I have been able to explore so many new places, take so many pictures with my camera, improve my Spanish, and see another way of life.

My study abroad experience has been nothing short of extraordinary, filled with unforgettable moments, and invaluable learning opportunities. Everyday has brought new adventures, cultural insights, and personal growth, making this experience truly transformative. I am so profoundly grateful for the support that made all of this possible. Thank you so much again to the McNeil family for their generous contribution that allowed me to have the means to participate in this trip. 

Costa Brava

Ronda

El Alfama

Málaga

Beach near Lisbon


Comments