Galway

November 1st 
Today, my day was filled with classes. It was also registration time back at Manhattan College. I’m extremely grateful for the wonderful people in the Education Department, who were super helpful in helping me get my schedule sorted for next semester while I am here. We also had a meeting with our group leaders from ISA. They just wanted to check in to see how everything’s going and get us prepared for exams coming up. After class, I attended the Catholic Societies weekly prayer service and adoration for All Saints’ Day.
November 2nd 
Today, we received some upsetting news from home. When things like this happen, it’s hard to be away from friends and family. Not being able to be there calls us to pray to God for his help along the way for both ourselves and others.

November 3rd 
This weekend we are taking a break from traveling and staying in Galway to rest and get a majority of our school work done. We slept in and then made our way to the nearest Starbucks to focus on our studies (of course with some coffee!).

November 4th 
With the weather being cold and rainy, we stayed in until the late afternoon and finished the school work we had planned to get done for the weekend. That night we got dinner at a nice Thai place in town. The food was delicious!

November 5th 
It was a beautiful day in Galway! The sun was shining bright. We headed into town and enjoyed the amazing atmosphere of Shoppe Street. We then headed towards the water. It’s days like this that I will definitely miss when I come home. Having this vibrant, beautiful city just steps away is a blessing. While I do love my NYC, this is a completely atmosphere.

November 6th 
Not having class until 3pm allows me to get myself organized for the week Monday morning. It usually entails food shopping and cleaning up. After that, I had my Christianity and 19th Century British Literature Class. Following class, I attended mass at Galway Cathedral. During the first few days of November, they are having a novena in remembrance of those we have lost. After mass, I headed home for some dinner.
November 7th 
Today, I had class in the morning followed by mass in the evening. For the most part, this has been my routine since I’ve been here. At the beginning, it was a little different to become acclimated to a different city, school, house, etc. from coming from my set ways at home. Now, I feel it’s going to be a change again going back to my lifestyle in NY that I was so familiar with. I had a great FaceTime today with my grandparents. I call them a couple of times a week, but today was even more special because they explained to me how proud they are of me for taking this opportunity. Bridget and I attended student night at the local movie theater and saw the movie about Conor McGregor’s life.



Sent from my iPhone

Comments