Galway

November 8th
Today, I spent my day in classes. These classes include Christianity, Old English Poetry, Sociology, and Biogeography. During my breaks, I worked on my final assignments for my classes. I was able to complete the rest of the assignments for my Biogeography class. After my classes, I went to mass. The night ended with dinner and catching up on Netflix.
 
November 9th
The day was spent doing laundry and homework. I, then, headed into town to pick up some gifts. That evening I attended the 6pm mass at Galway Cathedral. Tonight, I remember the six young adults that passed away 26 years ago today in a car accident. Although I didn't know them, I have grown up hearing stories about them and how tragic the event was. At home, my cousin John was attending Maria Regina High School Junior Prom with my dear friend Alexa's sister, Krissy. I really can't believe he is old enough to be going to Junior Prom.


November 10th
Bridget and I headed to Achill Island to meet my cousin Caroline and Auntie Mary, who traveled over from London. The last time I saw them was four years ago when my mom and I visited London. It was crazy to think that it was four years. We were spending the weekend with them in my late Uncle Tommy's house. It was great seeing them. We spent the night having dinner and tea and catching up.

November 11th
We started the day with a delicious Irish breakfast made by my Auntie Mary. We headed toward Knock Shrine for noon mass. Knock Shrine is one of my favorite places to visit. It is a pilgrim site located in County Mayo where there was an apparition of the Blessed Mother, Saint Joseph, Saint John the Evangelist, angels, and Jesus Christ. It is a very spiritual place. When we first arrived, we walked around the grounds taking it all in. Before mass began, they asked for volunteer reader, so my cousin Caroline and I did so. This was a very special moment. They also asked for Eucharistic Ministers and I was able to do that as well. It was really amazing! My Auntie Mary and Cousin Caroline believed this was a sign from our Uncle Tommy who worked at the Knock Shrine, and I agreed. We then had masses said for our family and friends living and deceased. We purchased different religious items to take home with us to remember our time at Knock. Our day was unforgettable.
 
November 12th
We began our morning with mass in memory of my late relatives. It was very special to attend this mass. After mass, we made our way around Achill Island stopping at different historical spots. My cousin Caroline was like our own personal tour guide. When we returned to the house, we walked out to the garden to really take in the beauty of the island. We then had to sadly say our goodbyes to head back to Galway. Bridget and I had an incredible weekend!

November 13th
I can't believe it is our last week of classes! Bridget and I went food shopping in the morning. I had two classes that afternoon. After class, I attended mass at Galway Cathedral. I came home after to have dinner and work on my final assignments.


November 14th
My classes today were Biogeography, Sociology, and 19th Century British Literature. Even though we are coming near the end, I still find myself checking to see where my classes are because of the number of different buildings and classrooms. During my break, I walked into town to get coffee. As I was walking over the bridge, I looked up to see a beautiful rainbow. It was beautiful! That evening I attended mass and headed home to watch the Ireland World Cup qualifier. Unfortunately, Ireland fell short.

November 15th
Today was my last full day of classes, which is crazy! I was able to finish my final assignment for my Christianity class during my breaks. I attended the Catholic Society meeting for prayer and adoration this evening. This is a great to relax and reflect.
 


Comments

  1. You are certainly making the most of the semester in Galway. The experiences you relate are heartwarming; the photos give us a real feel for the country, countryside, and the experience. Have a great time for the remaining days of the semester.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment