Galway: Spreading My Wings During Study Week

I just want to say, before I get into my real discussion. Thanksgiving was so, so, so sad to miss! But! I did get to celebrate here, my hosts made a lovely Thanksgiving dinner with a big turkey, gravy, turnips, mashed potatoes and a yummy pumpkin pie!!!


Now! Alas, it is here! It is study week, which means it's time to spread my wings! Tonight I am leaving for Glasglow! Well... basically tonight.

Itinerary:
First Leg:
I am spending the evening at my friend's apartment and then we are leaving to catch the 3:15 am bus to Dublin Airport. Our flight to Glasglow leaves at 7:05 am! We will be in Scotland by 9 am tomorrow (my time)!! We will spend one day in Glasglow City, then will take an awesome bus tour up the to Scottish Highlands (including Loch Ness!!!) and perhaps we'll even do a bit of trekking through the countryside!
Scottish Highlands/Loch Ness Tour

Second Leg:
The day after our Scottish Highlands adventure we will take a bus to the beautiful city of Edinburgh! Yay! In Edinburgh we will explore the famous Royal Mile, the castles, the Elephant House (the cite were much of J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series was written). We will be exploring the food scene, because, why not!?
Learn about the Royal Mile
The Elephant House

Third Leg:
After a lovely two nights and three-ish days in Edinburgh we will jet down to London. We will spend one day in London to explore and sight-see like Super Tourists. Then we will pick our favorite spots to re-visit the next day, in between our trips to The Tower of London and our evening reservation for the London Eye on our second day in town. Our third day will be spent travelling, we will take a train out to Oxford for a day. Our final day will be cut short by our return flight to Ireland.
So, with this I say goodbye for the next week! I'll be back on Sunday... maybe Monday if I'm really, really tired! After that, I'll only have a week left in Europe before coming back home to the good ole USA

Comments