My Cold in Spain

Last week on Saturday, Marina and I visited El Museo Nacional de Ciencias Naturales in Madrid. Everything was going great until a wave of children came running dressed up as cave-men (so surreal). At that time, I did not care about them since I was having a good time looking at the different exhibitions on the Museum. Now, looking back at that day, I dread those kids and I will never ever visit a museum on a Saturday again. 
I got the worst cold of my life (maybe not, but it felt like it) and if that was not enough I also injured my middle finger yesterday, and now I cannot write a full sentence without having to delete half of it before it is decent to show it to the world. I am still recovering from the cold, but the finger is the one that worries me the most because I basically live off it. I mean, I am not a published writer, but I need it to write for my classes and just for creative purposes to burn off some of my mental energy. I just wrote a mini essay for my theater class that would usually take me half an hour to do, and today I finished in an hour and a half. Ridiculous! 

Anyway, I have brought some pictures I hope you'll enjoy. These were taken as I was getting sick from all those cold-infected children (I know they are not to blame, but I have been sick for a week, so at this point I'm just glad I survived). 

Some zebras! I am pretty sure they are fake, but the details make them look real.

These were definitely real until they got caught.

A close-up of that beautiful butterfly

This little guy looks like me on the worst day of my cold. 

He (or she) looks so honorable!


Birds!

I think this is a fox, but I forgot to take a picture of the plaque with the information.



These are so cool! They have them arranged from smallest to biggest.

So tiny!

They make me shiver by just looking at the pictures.



The gemstones were soooooo pretty, I wanted to take them with me. 






As you can see, I was very impressed by them. I just want them all!

I would like to thank Marina for taking care of me in during my cold (she also got a cold), and I hope this never happens again to neither of us.

-Paulina Ochoa - F.

Comments

  1. So sorry to hear of your cold and injured finger. We wish you a speedy recovery. Perhaps it would be comforting to think of the minus zero temperatures in NY this weekend.

    We enjoy seeing the photos of your adventure, and look forward to hearing of the community service / tutoring position with the children of Madrid at Caritas Madrid.

    Keep the posts coming. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello John and Angela,

    Thank you for kind words, I'm feeling much better now. I can write again!

    The weather is crazy, I saw that the other day and I was glad wasn't there.
    So, you guys keep warm and cozy inside! :)

    I started my community service yesterday afternoon. It was really nice, the kids are the sweetest and they work really hard. I am working on a post about that as soon as I have enough material, but it is looking good.

    Thanks again for your support and comments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the Community Service. I'm sure the kids will love you.

      Delete
  3. Paulina, thanks for sharing your trip to the museum and sorry to hear about your cold. Greatly looking forward to hearing about your community service work. Children look at the world in such a special way. It is wonderful that you will be able to share your experiences with them and see Spain through their eyes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same cold here....so...so happy that you are having a great experience...! Enjoy every minute. Time flies ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment