Blissful Barcelona

Ah, Barcelona...

From bustling beaches to historical sites, modern art museums, never-ending tapas, young international students, and Catalonian natives alike, there is never a dull moment in Barcelona. The city provides an opportunity for inspiration and creativity on each corner. Street performers serenading tourists, local grocers meeting me halfway with my broken Spanish, working alongside native Barcelonian students in classes, discussing international politics with new friends from around the world, getting lost around the city in search of every Gaudi location, taking a mid-week run to Parc Guell to enjoy the views, Barcelona is bliss.

I begin each day with morning yoga on the roof of my house where the sun beams down between the shadow of the clothesline. I listen to my new favorite Spanish songs as I cook breakfast, from the freshest produce this California girl has ever seen, alongside one of my housemates, Byron, from ChilĂ©. I have 9 housemates from around the world–each in Barcelona for their own academic or professional experience. I eat my breakfast on my front porch as I peruse the news, sip my morning coffee, write in my journal, and read from the book I picked up in Paris two weeks ago. Barcelona is bliss.

As a college student in New York City, I have grown accustomed to burn-out culture. Everything in my life in New York fits into a perfect, color-coordinated box in my moleskin planner. My study abroad experience has allowed me to process the fast-paced environment I have called home for the past two-and-half years. While I set out to seize each day and make the most of my environment here, Barcelona has also proven to be the perfect place to just relax and evaluate my past, plan for my future, and to appreciate my present situation. In Barcelona, I am learning to let love into my life and to be thankful for the life that I live. 

This weekend, I am heading to Madrid with three friends I met at the Universait Abat Oliba CEU here in Barcelona. I am eager and excited to see how Madrid compares to Barcelona as well as experience its uniqueness. So far, I have visited Girona, Montserrat, Besalu, Figueres, and Sitges outside of Barcelona. Each city has been magical. While I love traveling to new places and experiencing new ways of life, it has been refreshing to return to my Barcelona bliss after a weekend adventure. 

A glimpse into my journal :)

A photo of me, living my best life, at the Bunkers @ El Carmel for the sunset this past weekend. 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment