Lisbon Portugal - A day of exporlation

 Today was our first official day in Lisbon Portugal, and there was a plethora of culture to take in. We started off by taking a walk down to the coast line ( shown in the picture below ) and there was beautiful architecture along with hidden restaurants and shops. There were a very different shift in culture and it was very easy to navigate and get around. Everyone spoke english and whenever I needed something whether it was from a store or directions, everyone was friendly and helped me out. 






Moreover our professor carried us to a church where mass was taking place and we were able to see beautiful art pieces of Saint Anthony and our group sat down and ate lunch together where the seafood is amazing.

We examined the architecture and I took my time and appreciated the beauty, something that professor Skotnicki said is that in Portugal they do not knock down and re-build, they build and repair the over time. It felt like I was in a different era and I was not in 2021, it felt new but old at the same time.Everything is different from the Trali to the pastries that were fresh and tasted amazing! 







The public transportation is very different and unique in Lisbon, from the Trali going from one part of Lisbon to another. Along the way there were beautiful statues and art pieces that caught my eye. 


Furthermore since I love taking photos, I found myself stopping every few seconds to take pictures because everything around Lisbon is beautiful. I will admit although I am not the best writer in the world I think the photos speak about how unique and different Lisbon is. I feel as if I am a little kid and I exploring a new world that I never knew existed, it is new and refreshing and opens my eyes to a new world after being locked up home in 2020. 



To end off this blog, I can say Lisbon has my heart and my time here is a very beautiful and individualistic learning experience. Personally I would not been in this position without this scholarship and without study abroad.  I will continue to enjoy my time here and I may sneak a few bottles of green wine back to New York because I know thats one of the things I will miss. But overall this experience has been one to remember! 

Comments