Obrigado Lisboa

     Thank you Lisbon is what the title says for those who don't speak Portuguese. After two weeks in this lovely country, you would think I would know more than just a few words. Luckily I am able to speak and read Spanish so when we arrived here I was able to understand people as the language was similar yet at other times I had no idea what was being said. The past two weeks have been filled with learning, site seeing, and experiencing the beauty of what Lisbon is.  

  

First and foremost I would love to thank the Study Abroad administration, scholarship donors, and Professor Skotnicki. Without careful planning and organization this trip would have not been able to happen especially with the extra variable to keep into count which is the coronavirus. Without the scholarship given by the donors, I wouldn't have been able to have enjoy the trip more. And without the professor we wouldn't have learned or experience the religion and history of Lisbon. 


From the first day to the last, the one thing that Lisbon is and that I will not forget is that Lisbon is a city of Hills. I myself am from Yonkers and we are also a city of hills but I think Lisbon blows Yonkers out the water. However, the good thing about hills besides the workout and toning out your calves is the constant views overlooking the city from different viewpoints. There are countless views from this city and from around Portugal such as from Sintra, Tomar, and Evora, that will never leave my mind.















Another fascinating thing that I saw here was the architecture all around the city dating back from the times of the Romans and even later than that.








Besides feasting with our eyes, we were also feasting with our mouth and stomach. I was excited to try new things and simply just for it. I am not much of a seafood person but, I had told myself that if I am here in Portugal where they are known for good seafood, than I shall try it. I was daring one night and I ordered octopus which was delicious and tasted just like chicken. There was some learning to do between tasting octopus and seeing on my plate but I can assure you that this time won't be the only time I had octopus in my life. All the other foods were just as delicious and I even had gelato for the first time.





     









I would love to conclude this post with sincere gratitude to all who played a role for this program. I am so happy that I was able to come and experience Europe for the first time. After doing trip I know that there will be many more like these and I can't wait for what those trips will bring.

                                               





















Comments