Paris: Join Laurice's Journey

Being in Paris for three days now has been absolutely incredible or très magnifique as they say in French. Every step I take in this marvelous city is a new adventure. At every corner there are café's, greenery (even in the winter), and twinkling lights like nothing I have ever seen before.

Experience a glimpse of Paris as I walk down the street of Bd Edgar Quinet.


For the short time I have been in France, I have already learned and experienced so much. We have been to several locations such as the Seine River, L'Orangerie Museum, St. Sulpice Church, and Sorbonne University just to name a few. I am amazed at how much we have done in a matter of three days that I am absolutely excited to see what has yet to come. 

On our first day in Paris, we took a night cruise on the Seine River. This night cruise was a fantastic way to kick off our adventure. We saw views of the Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower, D'Orsay Museum, and more. 


Yesterday we got to embrace our Manhattan College Lasallian "roots" by visiting Sorbonne University, and St. Sulpice Church, as well as the Pantheon. To say that Sorbonne University and St. Sulpice Church impacted our founder Jean-Baptiste De La Salle's life is an understatement because as we learn more, we can see that these locations hold the very essence of his life mission.


Today our wonderful study abroad group walked to the L'Orangerie Museum and D'Orsay Museum. Experiencing true pieces of original works of art is a pleasure. In high school art class, I learned about the works of Van Gogh and Piccaso. While in Paris, I can now say that I truly appreciate the creativity and life work of these artists. In addition to the art these museums hold, the buildings themselves had astonishing views. Pictured below is my lovely view from the D'Orsay.


I am immensely grateful to have this opportunity to study abroad with the help of the donors of the Major John H. Mark scholarship, which has reminded me to always push my boundaries and tap into my adventurous personality more deeply than ever before. I’d also like to thank Brother Robert for teaching us during this trip and all that he does for his students. This program has been an extraordinary experience thus far and I cannot wait to learn more about Paris, Saints, and the Catholic Imagination. 



Comments

  1. It is fantastic to read of your wonderful experience in Paris.... and we especially thank you for remembering our son, John. Enjoy the experience.... say hello to Bro. Robert. :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment