Simona in Barcelona

Welcome to my first blog post! I’m so glad we’re here together. 

Well, after fantasizing about it for years, collecting the needed forms, weighing my suitcase multiple times to ensure it did not exceed the fifty-pound limit, boarding the plane, and getting through COVID protocols, I officially arrived in Spain! 

I got into a taxi right from the airport and  handed the driver a note with my address on it. It wasn’t until my taxi pulled away that I realized I was dropped off at the wrong location. My luggage wobbled on the squared sidewalk of Barcelona as I went up and down the street looking for the apartment I had only ever seen in pictures. Alas! I was able to find it. 

I have taken this time so far to explore my neighborhood. Below you can see a picture of a clearing in a nearby park.  In a very Manhattan College fashion, there were several flights of stairs that needed to be climbed to get there. 

While I have not yet officially begun classes, and I have only just arrived,  I have already met some international students. My flatmates include a fellow Jasper, an undergraduate from China, and a graduate student from India. I have enjoyed getting to know them. My flat also has a terrace with a wonderful view of Barcelona, which you can see below. 

Also, shout out to Morgan, another Jasper blogger. I find it so cool that your bed is like a chandelier on the ceiling –  I hope you don’t fall off! 

Thanks for being a part of this journey with me, 

Simona 

Comments