My Birthday Month Abroad

The end of February and March thus far have been filled with enjoying Spanish traditions and admiring my surroundings. I have been enjoying the little things such as brunch with friends and admiring the architecture around the streets of Barcelona. 

    I was lucky enough to experience Carnaval first hand in Spain. I celebrated in Sitges, Spain and watched The Parade of Debauchery(Rua de la Disbauxa). I saw amazing dancers, costumes, and floats, while listening to fantastic music. 


    While venturing out for pasta in Gracia with Simona for dinner, we came across men and woman on horses throwing candy to people in the streets. It was truly a splendid surprise and reminded me how living in Barcelona is always something to celebrate about. 

    My second trip consisted of turning twenty-one in Ibiza. A year ago, I made a joke to my sister saying I was going to celebrate my birthday there and it was exciting to fulfill this dream. Although, many people think of Ibiza has one of the biggest party places, I got to experience the off-season calm. I wandered around the old town and enjoyed the different old apartments and flowers springing. I was lucky enough to tan on the beach and enjoy a day swimming at a spa. Ibiza was surprisingly my most relaxing trip thus far. 




    During the week, I finally enjoyed lunch surrounded by palm trees at Placa Reial. I explored a cactus garden that made me feel like I was on a different continent. I also discovered a monastery called the Monastery of Pedralbes where I was able to join peace within a city. The courtyard was extremely peaceful with an admirable view.  Barcelona is a city that has it all!


    Last weekend, I ventured to Geneva, Switzerland and saw the beautiful Lake Geneva. The Jet d'Eau water sprung in the air and gracefully fell in the crystal blue water with white swans swimming across the lake.

I also climbed over 100 stairs in the towers of the St.Pierre Cathedral to enjoy a panorama view of the city. I walked along history as I entered the archeological site of the old cathedral underneath. 

However, my favorite part of the trip was devouring Swiss chocolate and I wish everyone could have a taste of Switzerland. 


Time is moving too fast here, but I am grateful for spending my birthday abroad.

xoxo,
Kristina










Comments

  1. Happy belated Birthday, Kristina. Your comments and your photos are fantastic. We feel as if we were experiencing all of Europe with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment