Top of the Vatican





To follow up the whirlwind of the day the first night in Rome was, I spent spent the next day traveling to Vatican City. This was a great experience for myself I as was able to see some of the most grand basilicas in the whole world. Think of the traditional church back in the states and then inject them with an overload of art, statutes, history. You could spend a whole day looking at the celling of St. Peter basilica in the Vatican and still discover new details in the art. 



Along with what the church has to offer on the inside, there are multiple other aspects of the church you are able to visit. After viewing the inside, the class headed up to the top of the basilicas dome and were able to capture amazing views of the city at sunset. Normally, I’m not the biggest sunset guy and usually don’t pay much attention during sunset. Fortunately I decided to ditch this usually habit because I enjoyed every second of getting to see the sun set over the city of Rome. This was a unique experience that I don’t know if I’ll have the chance to ever experience again so I knew I had to cherish every moment.






The highlight of the day though was being able to hangout with Marty, an exchange student from Italy my family hosted in 2021-2022. It was great getting to catch up with a person that I was able to grow so close with during her time in the states. We made sure this time though, to meet up on her home turf instead of America. We spent the evening exploring roman parks, eating some pizza and ending the night at the Trevi Fountain. While the worst part of the day was saying goodbye to her, I know the next time I see her it will be a blast. Hopefully we can run it back in Italy come summer 2023.




Comments