Madrid: 2 weeks!

    Wow! 2 weeks of being in a whole other country let alone another continent! It sure has been quite the whirlwind. The first week of our stay here was absolutely amazing. We saw many beautiful sites and ate fantastic food. I enjoyed the walking tour we took with Pablo, who took us around Old Madrid. He made the tour so enjoyable as it was obvious how proud he was of Madrid! 

    Now. . . HERE COMES THE WEEKEND!!! The first time we get to fully experience the Madrid nightlife because we were too tired to go out the previous weekend since we all arrived on Saturday. AHHHHHH the nightlife in Madrid was as great as I expected! The weekend was even better because I got to experience it with my old friends and my new friends (from Manhattan)! I only met Hannah and Brenna once I arrived in Spain and they are some of the funniest girls I have ever met. They are so easygoing and great to talk to and our THE nicest people ever! 

    On Sunday night Olivia put together what we called our "family dinner" where we all split the groceries and had an Italian night. We collectively made pasta, salad, and had cookies for dinner (but I will admit Olivia and Ian did the majority of the work!!!) Even though our dinner night was a huge success, this was also the start of my downfall. I ended up getting really really sick! Unfortunately, I did miss out on the last two walking and museum tours because I just knew I wouldn't be able to handle it. I also decided to skip out the last weekend where everyone went out because I didn't want to get anyone else sick but also knew in the long run we have so much time here, that missing one weekend wasn't a problem. On the flip side, all of my friends have been so supportive and constantly ask how I'm doing and if I need anything. 

Even though I'm going through a rough patch at the moment, that's okay. I didn't expect it to be sunshine and rainbows every day but I know once I feel better, my luck will turn around. It's been such an amazing experience so far and I wouldn't change it for the world. I have 4 more months and I WILL make the most of it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments