The Beauty of Venice

Venice, Italy lived up to its standards in beauty. I was amazed when we landed in Venice, and I could not keep my eyes from focusing on the beauty Venice holds. I immediately knew I loved the idea of travel, and nothing would hold me back anymore. While partaking in the photography course I fell more in love with Italy, and took pictures of so many different things! No matter where the class traveled to I would take a picture of something, as I found beauty in so many different scenes. 



Even though we were in Venice for two weeks, we only experienced two sunsets. The weather in Venice was a lot more cloudy than I had hoped, which took away from the light of the city. Luckily, on the first and last days of Venice, we experienced a sunset, and I was able to capture the beauty of it. 


One of the aspects I enjoyed the most was the many bell towers that Venice had, as the views from the top were absolutely magical! Being so high up showed all the layers of the city, and all the many different and colorful structures it had. 
Even though there are pigeons in New York, I was fascinated with the way they interacted with the art and architecture in Venice. I loved the contrast between the dark colors of the pigeons with the light-colored statues. The photo on the right is one of my favorites, as it provides a modern element to an older one. Along with this, I enjoy the pop of color the pigeons gave to the statue. 
I was lucky enough to meet a group of good friends on this trip, who held a love for Venice and Photography just as I do. We had instantly clicked before we even got on the plane, and our friendship extended from there. Every night I got to explore different parts of Venice, and test out different Restaurants with them. We even traveled to different islands along Venice to discover what else Italy had to offer us. We explored the Venetian Islands, Burano, Murano, and Torcello along the coast of Venice. In my opinion, Burano was the most beautiful island, as it held many different colored houses. We traveled to Burano a couple of times just to reminisce in its beauty. Murano was also a magnificent island, as it was home to Murano glass. The glass-blowing demonstrations were definitely one to remember and were done which such ease. 



This trip is one I will always remember, and I am thankful to Manhattan College and the Mark Family for making this possible. 

Comments