A month in and already a lifetime of memories!

 ¡Saludos desde Madrid! 


8:30 am, 25 January Wednesday mornings, I have Spanish class, and although 

the commute is only about 30-40 min, I leave about 1hr before so I 

can be sure to have a few minutes at the University before rushing

to class. It’s chilly in the morning, although it's not all that bad

because it wakes me up and gets me ready for a productive day.

Off to school! 


7:00 pm, 25 January          After a productive day of class, homework, and research for school

                   in New York, I headed to dinner with some friends. We went for

                  tacos at a cute restaurant that offered some of the best tacos we have

                     ever eaten. After a quick and delicious meal, I rushed back home to

                  hop on a meeting with a professor from New York. I have to say, as

                  long as I’m here, I’m not sure I’ll ever get completely used to the

                  time difference between NY and Madrid. It seems silly, but it's

                  perpetually shocking when I’m halfway through my day and my

                  friends and family in the states are just beginning theirs. It’s so

                  Intriguing!

 

           

11:00 am, 26 January Today, we are heading to the archaeological museum! This is a

                  museum that I have yet to visit in Madrid, so I’m very much

                 looking forward to it.







8:00 pm, 26 January Today has been a busy day, but it has just begun…Thursday night

                  in Madrid is lively! A great night to experience the nightlife. I’ve

                  just had a lovely dinner with my host family, and now I’m getting

                  ready to meet my friends. 





12:00 am, 27 January Tonight, Chris and I went to a concert, which was a fun and very

                  culturally immersive experience. We went moreso due to the rumor

                  circulating social media that Rosalia would make a guest

                  appearance, and well, the “rumor” was indeed a rumor.

                  Nonetheless, we saw Carolina Durante and Los Nikis, and it was a

                  great night! 





3:00 pm, 28 January After a long week, we all got together for Saturday brunch and

                  enjoyed some time together before a relaxing evening to refresh. I

                  am the only student out of the group who is staying with a host

                  family, so when we do things as a group I generally go over to the

                  student residence and it works out perfectly.





2:00 pm, 29 January Feeling rested and refreshed, let's go grab some brunch with Chris!




11:00 am, 31 January Ready for a new week and getting right into classwork. My classes

                  are generally pretty early in the day, which I don’t mind. Although

                  it forces me to get up early, that is not always a bad thing because

                  then I am awake and ready for the day and have more time to

                  explore and experience the beautiful city. 

 



3:00 pm, 1 February After our classes for the day, Chris and I decided to head over to

                  the Prado and spend the afternoon there. We have both been there

                  before and have a true appreciation for art, so it is a beautiful spot

                  where we like to spend our time. 





2:00 pm, 2 February One thing about me is that I LOVE BAGELS!! Growing up in

                  New York, I have been spoiled with delicious bagels right at my

                  finger tips, so one of the things that I have missed on a Sunday

                  morning is a good bagel. Well…Hannah discovered the most

                  delicious bagel spot in town, and we have quickly become

                  regulars. 





6:00 am, 4 February Bright and early, we are headed to Toledo for a busy and exciting

                  day of exploring the beautiful city of Toledo. 







2:30 pm, 5 February One of the best spots in town, El Rastro! The cutest and most

                  expansive flea market I’ve ever been to. Chris and I headed there

                  this afternoon and ran into the most wholesome “street artist” I’ve 

ever seen. Two poets were sitting in the street with their

typewriters and offering personal poetry they would write for you

simply based on one word or topic. Seeing someone else capture

such personal and unique experiences of strangers was such a wholesome                and heartwarming experience.

 

 



3:30 pm, 5 February We then, of course, had to get some delicious food to revive us from

                  a super busy weekend! 





4:00 pm, 8 February Today was an exciting day…Chris and I spent the afternoon at a cafe

                  planning a special trip for the upcoming weekend…

STAY TUNED :) 







2:00 pm, 10 February Annnddd we’re back…


5:30 pm, 10 February One of my favorite adventures has been our impromptu valentines

                  day photoshoot in Retiro park. It was a beautiful evening and a 

super fun activity!





5:00 am, 11 February We are up! We are ready! We are out! Vamos a Barcelona!





4:00 pm, 12 February We are back at home from our quick trip to Barcelona, and man o

                  man, what a weekend!! It was only a quick trip so we wanted to fit

                  in as much as we could…Well, we did enough in one day for the

                  whole week … 










4:00 pm, 13 February We started the new week off with a cooking class! Lots of fun! 




3:00 pm, 14 February Happy Valentine's Day!! Chris and I grabbed a latte and pastry at a

                  cafe near our homes to celebrate the day, and I made some valentines for my

                                                friends and family at home <3 




4:00 pm, 19 February Another great weekend in Madrid! Kicked off the weekend with a

                  movie night at the local theater, then hit up a dance class on

                  Saturday morning, had Sushi for dinner, and another movie night

                  with Chris because we were feeling lazy and sleepy. Earlier this

                  afternoon, we grabbed a DELICIOUS brunch and enjoyed the

                  afternoon thrifting.








It’s been a wonderful month in Madrid, and we are ready for the next few months!! Hasta luego!




Comments