Cordoba

 Saturday, March 4th

Our study abroad advisor Rocio, at Universidad Complutense de Madrid planned a weekend for us to go and stay in a beautiful city named Cordoba in the south of Spain. We got on the train early in the morning and it took us about 2 hours to get there. Firstly, this was my first time every going on a bullet train in Europe and compared the United States transportation systems it was relaxing, the sun was rising and we got to pass through farms and acres of land and mountains in the background. When we got to Cordoba it was sunny and the first impressions we had was that it was a city with an extremely rich history.



One of the reasons I wanted to come to Spain is because I really wanted to learn about another culture other than my own, with this trip I did that. We ate authentic Spanish dishes for the first time, we got an idea of the religious state of the country with this beautiful mosque that had a catholic cathedral inside. We went shopping around the town and it was overall a really relaxing and calm weekend with a lot of beautiful sites. I am extremely grateful for the opportunities that this program has given us. 

 

Comments