February: Day Trip to Toledo and Making My New Found Love (Paella!!)

Now that February has come to an end, I've become somewhat settled into my new life here in Madrid. After that first "family dinner," we decided to keep the tradition going, but this time with brunch!!

Sunday brunch, was one hectic experience if I do say so myself😂 Everything did go according to plan but we definitely overshot how much we could all realistically eat lol. Collectively we all made; eggs, potatoes, bacon, pancakes, french toast, and got a dozen bagels, with a giant pitcher of orange juice. As you can see, it was a loottttttt.  Yet, we had an absolute blast cooking and listening to music down in the kitchen🎶 

We had our first ever day trippppppp!!!!! This trip took us to the beautiful city of Toledo. Now, I'll admit the bus ride to the tour glorious destination was a bit of a struggle for me as I get motion sick on windy roads, which most of the ride consisted of. Luckily I ended up sleeping for most of it as I took medicine beforehand so for the most part I was good to go. We got to witness some amazing views and different churches while learning the history of the city. These short little trips are a good way to get out of Madrid and be able to experience all of what Spain has to offer!

Church in Toledo


We also had the opportunity to partake in a cooking class, where we learned to make paella and some sort of dessert (I can't seem to remember the name). Both of them were absolutely delicious and so fun to make. It is always fun when we get to do some sort of group activities as I've grown really close to the other students who came here with me. Honestly, I'm surprised at how good they actually turned out as even though we all cook a lot in Funway, we do seem to have some sort of mishap quite often😂

Paella

Dessert





Comments