Family in Spain !! - Madrid Cuenca and Mallorca

 Spring Break 

    My entire family got to Madrid on April 4th two weeks ago. They left just a few days ago on the 13th and the time went by so fast. As it was their first time coming to Europe I felt pressured to show them everything I possibly could. As you could imagine we were waking up really early and spending the entire day doing as many things as we could. The first six or so days we spent in Madrid. I took them to the places they could not miss like the Prado and Palacio Real de Madrid, we walked through Gran Via, Sol  and even got to visit the Botanical Garden next to the Prado. We were lucky enough to get a beautiful spot right when the processions were going on, seeing my parents experience that was absolutely beautiful and I could not express how lucky I felt in that moment. 

We also went to the Atletico Stadium which was one of the highlights of their trip! My brother Sergio is a really big soccer fan, this stadium is a really fun time and we loved the immersive experience. Especially my brother who took advantage taking photos everywhere he possibly could.

Cuenca
    After seeing a lot of Madrid we decided to get out of the city for a day and visit the city of Cuenca, which is known for their "hanging houses". We quickly realized that the houses are really on the edge of a cliff. It was a beautiful city and I was really surprised as to why I had not heard of it before. We walked all the way up to the top of this beautiful city, it was exhausting but the view was worth it.



Nightlife In Madrid
    I could not have my siblings visit without showing them around Madrid in the night. One of the things they found most surprising is how people do not go out here until very late at night which was something like they have never seen before. Either-way we stayed out late and went to plenty places where we danced and met some really nice people! This is my older sister, my oldest brother and I in Sol!

Mallorca

    Finally, my family and I took a quick flight to Mallorca and stayed at a beautiful resort next to the beach. It was near a really quiet beach called Cala Mesquida. We took this time to just relax after going around Madrid and walking so much. I wish I had taken more photos in Mallorca but enjoying the time I had left with my family was really my number 1 priority. I am so happy they came!!




Comments