Rome: Leaving Rome

    After studying abroad in Rome for three months one of the most significant takeaways from my study experience is how much I have learned about myself. I have truly surprised myself at how brave and open to new experiences I have been. I try new things, I go to places I have never been, I go places without a plan, and I enjoy all of it! I have learned so much about myself and grown so much as a person. One way I have grown is by changing from a tourist to a traveler. When I first arrived here in Rome I looked at everything in awe and naivety. While I still look at things in awe, I have become one with my neighborhood here at Cornelia. I walk down the street for a simple pastry and I know how to get to my favorite restaurant (Joseph’s) without a map.

    I think it was very weird to return home after this experience. After being away from family for so long and being all on my own, it will be strange to be living with them again. I hope the growth I have had since being here stays with me when I go back home. I traveled to grow and change and I hope I have. I think I will be able to see how much I have truly changed once I get back to normal life. I am excited to get home and be able to introduce myself to my friends and family.
My first day in Rome in front of St. Peter's Basilica Some of the amazing friends I made in Rome

Comments