Paris, France: Musée d' Orsay

 Today was the first full day in Paris! We began with a hotel breakfast and then took the metro to our first museum: Musee d’Orsay. They had a special exhibit on Van Gogh and his last few years. Our professor gave us great insight into the life of Van Gogh before we went and helped bring the paintings to life. It’s one thing to have these paintings as prints on your wall and another to see where Van Gogh picked up and put down his brush. Hearing the way he spoke about religion and seeing his life through the paintings was something I will never forget and am so thankful I had the opportunity to see. We had an audio tour, and going at our own pace was great. The museum was a special place to start, and I have even begun picking up a little French! It’s very busy here, but it’s fun to see all the people and hear all the different languages spoken. I am getting used to the time change and the new language, and I am so excited for the rest of my journey.






Comments