Barcelona, Spain: Tapas Crawl

                                                      









For the evening on our second full day in Barcelona, we went on a tapas crawl to 4 different places! We were served many different types of traditional foods and wine that I personally have never tried before. This was the perfect experience to be able to grasp the concept of tapas, and to be able to learn what foods I like and don't like. 
The first stop was a place that was felt very homey. We were served chorizo, cheese, tortillas des camarones, and a drink called rebujito. 
The second stop we were served many things but my favorite were the spinach balls (pictured above), paired with a glass of white wine.
The third stop, my classmates and I shared pitchers of delicious sangria, and multiple tapas including one of my favorites which was made up of crispy thin potatoes, beef, and runny eggs.
Lastly, we were given salmorejo, pan con tomate, and for dessert, crema catalana. 
One thing I have realized is that olives are are a big thing here and are on the table almost everywhere you go. A tip I was told, as I am a person that's not a big fan of olives, is to try it everywhere I go because they all taste different and I might even find a type I find myself enjoying. 

Comments