Ireland: A Glimpse of Travels

 What a trip it has been so far! I am extremely grateful for this opportunity and excited to share my journey here. The main focus of this blog is to capture the religious history and the beautiful landscape of Ireland. 

This is the Glenstal Abbey Monastery. We are currently spending the weekend here. It has been a very peaceful retreat away from the busy cities of Dublin and Galway. We have connected and gained so much knowledge from the monks here. I have enjoyed connecting with my faith. The monks here are very welcoming. I even got to feed the birds and cat with previous Abbot Christopher.
Above is a site that is known as Clonmacnoise. Clonmacnoise is ruins of a beautiful ancient monastery that sits on the River Shannon. While exploring Clonmacnoise I found the most precious dog roaming around. Although I found him holding a dead bird, he was happy to have people around and enjoyed a lot of belly rubs and cuddles. For the rest of my time there I enjoyed walking around the ruins with the dog. 
Above is what is known as the Hill of Slain. There is more history to this religious site than just the beauty itself. It is where Saint Patrick was said to have lit the paschal fire which brought Christianity to Ireland. 
This incredible view above and in the next two pictures below is what is called the Cliffs of Moher! By far my favorite day so far in Ireland. Every step you took you saw a different angle of the beautiful cliffs looking over the Atlantic Ocean. It was very windy but it was definitely worth it. The gift shop was also amazing as they had many handmade gifts and Irish scarfs and sweaters. 



Comments