Madrid 01/31/2024

 Hello, good people reading the Jaspers Abroad Blog!

    Finn here, I'm writing from Madrid, Spain, where I'm lucky enough to be studying abroad for the next three months. I'd like to first say thank you to the family and friends of Major John H. Mark, as his scholarship, the Major John H. Mark Scholarship, allowed me to be here right now. 

    The first three weeks have gone by very quickly. After getting settled in at my dorm (an awesome place, by the way) we started classes. All of the classes I am taking right now are quite small, which I like because the professors have been very engaging. I am taking classes about Spanish Religious History, the European Union, Museology, and Production Management.

    Some cultural things I have learned since coming here:

- Class is more of a conversation than a lecture

- Dinner really is eaten late (usually after 9pm), basically, everything is pushed back two hours

- The food is amazing and a bocadillo is probably the most common snack here

- Everything is so much cheaper here!

    My favorite part so far has definitely been our group trip to Toledo. It was a beautiful, small city that was one of the most culturally and politically important throughout history. We visited beautiful and historic churches, mosques, and synagogues. Attached is a picture from a synagogue we visited, which was heavily inspired by Islamic architecture.  

Until next time,

- Finn Malone 






    

Comments

  1. Thanks for the update on your Study Abroad. Enjoy it to the fullest. We look forward to reading more as the semester progresses.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment