Exploring Rome and the Forum

 Ciao!

I am having such an incredible time here in Italy. So far, it has been the most special experience ever. Every day I wake up, remember that I am overseas, and become excited about the adventures in store. Each individual experience I've had has been one-of-a-kind and super educational. I have learned so much about the history of religion in Italy by being able to go to and experience for myself the cultural and historic sites located throughout the cities we've visited. The day we visited the Forum in the heart of Rome was my favorite moment of the trip. We started the day with a trip to the Coliseum, followed by a stroll through the Forum. I can't even begin to describe how incredible it was walking through the Forum. Knowing its significance and its place in Roman history made it all the more special. You could close your eyes and visualize what it must have been like centuries ago as the hub of Rome. The history in the city is truly around every corner and being able to experience it was the most surreal experience imaginable. After we finished our stroll through the Forum, we visited the iconic Trevi Fountain. After poking our heads into a few more churches with Brother Robert, including the Pantheon, we made our way back towards our accommodation and got a delicious dinner at a restaurant. I had a Carbonara that couldn't be beat! It has been the most amazing trip and I want it to last forever. Thank you for tuning into my blog post to hear about my adventures!


Ethan






Comments

  1. Nice photos, Ethan. We are pleased you are enjoying this experience. Enjoy the sights and company.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment