Italy: Birthday in Pisa

     My classmates and I have now been in Italy for about 2 weeks, and I can already say it has been a life changing experience. I have met such great people and made memories I know I will never forget. I owe this in big part to the generous donors that have funded my scholarship. I've now been able to enjoy this trip with more financial flexibility and I could not be more grateful. Yesterday we took a train ride from Florence to Pisa where we spent the day. It was my 21st birthday and I would not want to spend it anywhere else than the beautiful city of Pisa. We got to see the leaning tower, the beautiful museums and landscapes, and even got to enjoy some birthday gelato! The city was filled with kind people, happy dogs, and great food. The weather was absolutely amazing as well, it was sunny, warm and there was a nice breeze to keep us cool. At one point while we were walking, the class sang happy birthday to me and the entire town joined in! I ended the night by enjoying a great dinner with my friends on the trip, where I got a free birthday dessert while the whole restaurant sang to me again! My classmates all went out of their way to make this a special day for me despite only knowing me for about 2 weeks. I could not have picked a better group to spend my 21st birthday with. Being in Rome, Florence, Assisi and Pisa, has been such a rewarding experience and I'm so glad I took the initiative to study abroad.







Comments

  1. Happy Birthday Kevin. Thanks for the update on the program and the great photos. Talking to Bro. Robert, it seems the focus of this study abroad is dedicated to finding the perfect gelato. :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment